incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: [TRANSLATION] First part is now at pootle
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 07:36:58 GMT
On 3/23/12 8:25 AM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
> Juergen,
>    I also noticed that in the translation status page:
> that many files are in the status of "need review". Can I know what's the
> process to review (online&  offline)? Should the reviewer be committer, or
> is it ok for any registerred member sign on his/her name and noted
> "Reviewed by me"?
a good question. I would expect that it can be done online in pootle
once we have clarified the user registration - contributing issue with

>    And do we also need the translation verification testing?
ideally I would say yes, the office UI is tricky and we don't have a
good layouting. Often minor changes are necessary to show longer stings
etc. But I am no expert here.

>    When we get the process agreed by every one, we can publish it on wiki.
> - Simon
we can start to document now and can adapt the docu over time when we
get a better and more complete picture how it should work.

> 2012/3/21 Jürgen Schmidt<>
>>> I confirm that working offline is usually preferred. Many useful
>>> functions like translation memories and terminology are not available in
>>> pootle while they are common in offline tools.
>> So it seems that checkin the po files is a good idea to make it easier. We
>> should start to collect more feedback to understand better how our
>> translators work and what's the best and easiest way to support them.
>> We will listen to you ;-) and together we can improve the process for the
>> future probably.
>> Juergen

View raw message