incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: After AOO 3.4, attracting new contributors
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 07:31:11 GMT
On 3/22/12 7:18 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

>> Additionally to what Pedro said I'd like to point to our Bugzilla at
>> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ which is a fountain of inspiration.
>> E.g. http://s.apache.org/EdO shows all the ideas with more than five
>> votes. The potential to use the same tool for tracking bugs,
>> enhancement and feature ideas indicates the the name Bugzilla is too
>> narrow and thus the old project to be called Issuezilla.
>>
>> Herbert
>
> Hmm...
>
> Jim is an expert in serf, I suppose ;), so the webdav issues in
> Bugzilla would be indeed be a good starting point for him ;-).

excellent, that would be a perfect start to review the new UCP code and
provide feedback or better improvements.

This would be a good opportunity to understand the concept behind our
Universal Content Broker (UCB) and the Universal Content Providers
(UCP). The WebDAV UCP (including http) which is based on serf now and
can be used as a start to create a new CMIS UCP.

I volunteer to support Jim where I can and I am sure Oliver and Andre
will do it as well.

Having a native CMIS implementation would be better than one based on
Chemistry. But that is a detail only. The are enough things to cover
starting to define a usable Url schema (e.g.
cmis://<servername>/<whatever-entry>/<directory>/<documentname>[?<param>=<value>...]

The advantage of a CMIS UCP is obvious and it would allow us the
interaction with many other software systems supporting this standard.

Feel free to contact me

Juergen