incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: After AOO 3.4, attracting new contributors
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:18:04 GMT
On 03/22/12 11:09, Herbert Duerr wrote:
>>> As a quick note, I'd *love* to dive in and start doing some
>>> coding on AOOo; it's just that I've no idea where in the
>>> heck to start... :)
>
> Additionally to what Pedro said I'd like to point to our Bugzilla at
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ which is a fountain of inspiration.
> E.g. http://s.apache.org/EdO shows all the ideas with more than five
> votes. The potential to use the same tool for tracking bugs,
> enhancement and feature ideas indicates the the name Bugzilla is too
> narrow and thus the old project to be called Issuezilla.
>
> Herbert

Hmm...

Jim is an expert in serf, I suppose ;), so the webdav issues in
Bugzilla would be indeed be a good starting point for him ;-).

I will add one of my personal favorites to that category:
we should support CardDav addressbooks using the Mulberry
vCard library, and webdav was a requirement for this:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP_Clearance_Address+Book

cheers,

Pedro.