incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "O.Felka" <olaf-openoff...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Propose AOO 3.4 RC Build Test Plan
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:33:10 GMT
Am 22.03.2012 10:16, schrieb xia zhao:
> Hi all,
>
> As AOO 3.4 RC build is nearly ready, I propose AOO 3.4 RC build test plan
> here.
>
> 1. Installer testing
>     Focus on installation testing on below major platforms:
>
>     -    Windows 7 64/32 bit
>     -    Windows Vista 64/32 bit
>     -    Windows XP SP2

No tests for Windows 2000?

>     -    RedHat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) 64 bit/32 bit
>     -    Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit/32 bit
>     -    Mac OS 10.7(Lion)
>     -    Mac OS 10.6.x
>     -    Mac 10.5
>

>     Additional Platform are suggested:
>
>     -    FreeBSD 9.0/8.2
>     -    OS/2
>     -    Solaris x86 10
>

> 2. Extension testing
>     Volunteers can get the extension list from:
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/ (??)
>
>     -    Directory
>     -    Extensions based on OOo (Verify they still works with IP clearance
>     work done in AOO 3.40
>     -    Extensions based on AOO (View by "Most Recent" category on
>     extension page)
>

> 3. Basic Interoperability Testing
>     The test scenarios cover:
>
>     -    Load
>     -    Save
>     -    Reopen
>
>     And the interoperability cover both compatibility with MS office 2003/MS
> office 2010 and old OOo versions.
>
> 4. General testing
>     Do free testing on AOO six components, Math, Base, Draw, Impress,
> Writer, Calc for three days.
>
> 5. Globalization and Translation testing
>     If other languages build are offered as RC builds(seems we will only
> have English only RC build for AOO 3.4), quick globalization and
>   translation testing will be done. Which include:
>
>     - Check the UI
>     - Switch locale and check some culture related functions, such as
>     currency, date, formula etc.
>

> The above testing are supposed to be done during 1 week and during this
> week, if no critical issues are reported, we can say the RC build is ready
> to ship based on vote.
>
> I placed this plan here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+RC+Build+Test+Plan
>
> Lily

I did some additional tests for r1299571 on Windows XP and Suse 11.3
Linux with VCL testtool.
They look very promising. I haven't found any big flaws. Some tests show
that some controls are missing and they stumble over the new color picker.
Lots of tests don't show any warning or error.

Groetjes,
Olaf