incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Pootle][Translation] Why needs to translate VCLTesttool strings?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:09:10 GMT
On 3/21/12 7:29 PM, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
> Hi,
> My second question to translation:
> The po file /basic/source/app.po contains strings to VCLTesttools. Why
> it needs to be translated?
> IIRC we decided not to use VCLTesttool in QA work, because we not want
> to use it, and no one want to learn BASIC.
> Regards,
> Zoltan

Your question is valid and the answer is simple. The testtool is not
maintained anymore and will be probably removed in the future. Work is
ongoing to use something else for automated GUI testing ...

And we simply haven't found the time to remove all unnecessary code. A
good work for volunteers in the future ;-)

Juergen