incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [TRANSLATION]: Request for translation and effort estimations
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 07:40:10 GMT
On 3/21/12 11:55 PM, Claudio F Filho wrote:
> Hi
>
> Em 21-03-2012 11:11, Jürgen Schmidt escreveu:
>> 2. Can we get a rough estimation when we can expect a 100% translation
>> 2.1 for UI?
>
> 100%. I saw some strings that need attention only.

yes and it is already checked in, I have already mentioned that the
pootle doesn't reflect it.

We are save here ;-)

>> 2.2 for Help?
>
> I think that ~ 1 month.
>
>> 3. Which other language should we add, where we have volunteers?
>
> Yes. I have some interesting people, but we need confirm the position of
> Pootle (registration of this volunteers and preserve/confirm/recognize
> their contributions).
if possible they can work offline, submit patches ...

As I mentioned it is always good to start with a iCLA as first step to
become a committer over time.

Do you think this people have a problem with that?

It looks like a burden for some people but it is not from my
perspective. I can only repeat it and it is good for our project when we
really know where help us. I see it more as an identity check and that
people guarantee it is their own work and don't simply take stuff from
somebody else...

Juergen