incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [TRANSLATION] First part is now at pootle
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:57:21 GMT
On 3/21/12 4:27 PM, Paolo Pozzan wrote:
> Il 21/03/2012 16:14, Ariel Constenla-Haile ha scritto:
>> Hi Jürgen, *
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 08:48:55AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> excuse my top posting.
>>>
>>> It is not yet clarified how or if we can ensure the translation from
>>> non committers. You should have noticed that we at Apache take some
>>> things more serious than others.
>>>
>>> The easiest way is to get access to the language you want to
>>> translate is to become a committer. Maybe we find another solution
>>> but why not becoming a committer?
>>>
>>> The first step is to sign a iCLA
>>> (http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt) and send it back to
>>> Apache.
>>>
>>> If you can work with offline tools feel free to contact me or
>>> Raphael and we will help to provide a set of po files. The
>>
>> I guess most people will want to work off-line, at least I count three
>> people on the Spanish mailing list willing to help translating. There
>> should be a way to download the po files without needing to contact you
>> directly.
>
> I confirm that working offline is usually preferred. Many useful
> functions like translation memories and terminology are not available in
> pootle while they are common in offline tools.

So it seems that checkin the po files is a good idea to make it easier.
We should start to collect more feedback to understand better how our
translators work and what's the best and easiest way to support them.

We will listen to you ;-) and together we can improve the process for
the future probably.

Juergen