incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Pozzan <pa...@z2z.it>
Subject Re: [TRANSLATION] First part is now at pootle
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:39:13 GMT
Il 21/03/2012 16:14, Ariel Constenla-Haile ha scritto:
> Hi Jürgen, *
>
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 08:48:55AM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> excuse my top posting.
>>
>> It is not yet clarified how or if we can ensure the translation from
>> non committers. You should have noticed that we at Apache take some
>> things more serious than others.
>>
>> The easiest way is to get access to the language you want to
>> translate is to become a committer. Maybe we find another solution
>> but why not becoming a committer?
>>
>> The first step is to sign a iCLA
>> (http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt) and send it back to
>> Apache.
>>
>> If you can work with offline tools feel free to contact me or
>> Raphael and we will help to provide a set of po files. The
>
> I guess most people will want to work off-line, at least I count three
> people on the Spanish mailing list willing to help translating. There
> should be a way to download the po files without needing to contact you
> directly.

A workaround for downloading .po files is:
1. in pootle go to the file you want to download (for example
https://translate.apache.org/it/OOo_34/basic/source/app.po/translate/ )
2. change the trailing "translate" of URL with "download" et voila!

For uploading the translated file just use the upload function in the
folder page.
Both operations do not need registration (however I agree with Risto
that anonymous editing must be blocked).

Paolo