incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [TRANSLATION]: Request for translation and effort estimations
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:11:20 GMT
Hi,

the Pootle server is updated to the latest resource strings and a first
set of languages is provided. At least for the UI, help is in progress.
The available languages are the languages where we have already provided
developer snapshots, means languages where we got feedback so far. We
all know that more languages would be better and we will add more
languages on demand...

But I would like to ask our translation volunteers what do you think
when we will be able to have a complete translation.

Or better I would like to ask the following questions

1. Do we have volunteers for the currently available languages, see [1]?

2. Can we get a rough estimation when we can expect a 100% translation
2.1 for UI?
2.2 for Help?

3. Which other language should we add, where we have volunteers?

NOTE: at the moment we have *en-US* the default, if you want en-GB,
en-ZA, raise your hands.

But in general we should only add a language when we have volunteers.

Please help us and gave feedback!

Juergen