incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: Rat scan vs SGA
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:49:59 GMT
Update regarding the autoconf files in main/:

If you are interested in a list of the files in main/ then please have a
look at [1].

In main/ you will find the files

     acinclude.m4
     aclocal.m4
     config.guess
     config.sub
     install-sh

which are used in the autoconf process.

The files aclocal.m4, config.guess, config.sub, install-sh do not have
AOO specific content.  They are copies of generic files that we have
included into SVN just for convenience.  I am currently looking into how
they can be re-created on the fly.  However, they do not seem to pose a
legal problem:

     install-sh seems to have a MIT license

     aclocal.m4, config.guess, config.sub are all copyrighted by the FSF
and are under GPL but their headers include this paragraph:

# As a special exception to the GNU General Public License, if you
# distribute this file as part of a program that contains a
# configuration script generated by Autoconf, you may include it under
# the same distribution terms that you use for the rest of that program.

The only file that looks like a potential legal problem is acinclude.m4.
It contains some OpenOffice specific macros (and thus can not be
re-created on the fly) and contains this in its header:

dnl @author Caolan McNamara <caolan@skynet.ie>
dnl @author Daniel Richard G. <skunk@iskunk.org>
dnl @version 2006-05-01
dnl @license LGPL

Any comments regarding the legal status of these files?

-Andre

[1]
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Bootstrapping#Files_in_main.2F