incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: update service - proposal for temporary solution until AOO 3.4 is released.
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:48:54 GMT
Hi,

On 21.03.2012 00:33, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> an
>>> with
>>> message

>>> sent

>>> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm

>>> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=deb

>>> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=dmg

>>> OK,
>>> redirect
>>>
>>> How are doing this redirect?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>>>

>> I've got the following in my local /etc/hosts
>>
>>   140.211.11.131  update36.services.openoffice.org
>>
>> here are versions I've played with in "versionrc" (I split the lines for
>> easier reading for you)
>>
>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> [Version]
>> AllLanguages=en-US
>> buildid=330m20(Build:9567)
>> ExtensionUpdateURL=
>> http://updateexte.services.openoffice.org/ExtensionUpdateService/check.Update
>> OOOBaseVersion=3.3
>> ProductBuildid=9567
>> ProductMajor=330
>> ProductMinor=20
>> ProductSource=OOO330
>> UpdateID=OpenOffice.org_3_en-US
>>
>> #UpdateURL=
>> http://update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm
>>
>> UpdateURL=
>> http://update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>>
>> #UpdateURL=
>> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm
>>
>> UpdateUserAgent=<PRODUCT>  (${buildid}; ${_OS}; ${_ARCH};
>> BundledLanguages=${AllLanguages})
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>
>> using Ariel's returns "no update". Using the current one with the redirect
>> returns the error business. (i mean it connects but I get a different
>> message, a failed...)
>>
>> Things of note vis a vis people.apache.org vs www.openoffice.org (where I
>> have the current re-route)
>>
>> If you just bring up:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>>
>> vs
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>>
>> they look different in my browser...one has "UTF-8" vs "utf-8"
>>
>> so I'm curious about this. I did up a little cgi and ran it on both
>> people.apache.org and well, ooo-site-staging.apache.org and they both
>> produce the same environment info.  So ???
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~kschenk/cgi-bin/env.cgi
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/cgi-bin/env.cgi
>>
>> I will change the "UTF-8" to "utf-8" on www.openoffice.org and see what
>> happens. Also did a diff on them and nothing but the case business.
>>
>> Meanwhile -- do you know how we get cgi to run on www.openoffice.org? I
> [...]

It looks like your local 'redirection' does not work.

You can check your 'redirection' in your browser.

On my system (Windows 7) I observe the following:
- browsing to www.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update using FireFox
shows me the XML snippet.
- a ping to www.openoffice.org reveals IP address 140.211.11.131.
- browsing to 140.211.11.131/ProductUpdateService/check.Update using FireFox
return "404 Not Found".
- browsing to 140.211.11.311 using FireFox shows ASF main page.
- adapting my ...\etc\hosts file as you have done and browsing to
update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update using FireFox
results in a connection time stating the standard message which is headed by
"The connection was reset" - the same you got when you browse to a non-existing
server
- reverting the change to my ...\etc\hosts and performing a ping to
update36.services.openoffice.org outputs the following:
<output>
$ ping update36.services.openoffice.org

Pinging sd-web2.staroffice.de [192.18.197.109] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.