incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [TRANSLATION] First part is now at pootle
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:48:55 GMT
Hi,

excuse my top posting.

It is not yet clarified how or if we can ensure the translation from non
committers. You should have noticed that we at Apache take some things
more serious than others.

The easiest way is to get access to the language you want to translate
is to become a committer. Maybe we find another solution but why not
becoming a committer?

The first step is to sign a iCLA
(http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt) and send it back to Apache.

If you can work with offline tools feel free to contact me or Raphael
and we will help to provide a set of po files. The translated po files
can you attach to an issue and can notify the issue on the mailing list.
After that it shouldn't be a big deal to propose you as committer for
the future.

Important is that we have some identity check and that you ensure that
your contribution is your own. I personally don't have any problems with
an iCLA that often is mentioned as a problem.

Juergen