incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [INFRA] download statistics fixed / little problem left
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:42:26 GMT
Am 03/21/2012 12:08 AM, schrieb Peter Pöml:

> Am 20.03.2012 um 23:05 schrieb Marcus (OOo):

>>> I didn't check specifically for 3.3 now, but the OOo releases usually peaked
at 30 downloads per second.

>> That would be 2,592,000 per day which is a big difference to 300,000.
>>
>> Which timeframe have you looked at? Have you counted every release and file?
>
> Oops, you are right. That was from memory, and with that number I meant requests per
second on the download server. (Many downloads involve more than one request due to the size
o f the files.) We intentionally count actual downloads, by pruning the stats for such requests.
The actual downloads around the release of 3.3 (26th of January 2011) were:

>   2011-01-20 | 274474
>   2011-01-21 | 246778
>   2011-01-22 | 227105
>   2011-01-23 | 255429
>   2011-01-24 | 284173
>   2011-01-25 | 288854
>   2011-01-26 | 298913
>   2011-01-27 | 308698
>   2011-01-28 | 272082
>   2011-01-29 | 232045
>   2011-01-30 | 256343
>   2011-01-31 | 293944
>   2011-02-01 | 253093
>   2011-02-02 | 290810
>   2011-02-03 | 268075
>   2011-02-04 | 246628
>   2011-02-05 | 228094
>   2011-02-06 | 253427
>   2011-02-07 | 294311
>   2011-02-08 | 282960
>   2011-02-09 | 296006
>   2011-02-10 | 287030
>

> You see, load on the download server are always the same, with only a tiny peak being
noticeable.

OK, great. Summarizing I think we have our number for the download peak:
~300,000 per day.

Marcus