incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: Sourceforge and AOO 3.4 distribution
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:14:41 GMT
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.  But I thought that the Apache
mirrors have more bandwidth than the SourceForge mirrors.  Could someone
explain why do we put the default download to places with less bandwidth?

Apache mirrors:
http://www.apache.org/mirrors/

SourceForge mirrors:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Mirrors

On 2012/03/21 03:07, Dave Fisher said:

> On Mar 20, 2012, at 11:33 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>>> ________________________________

we might be able to spread a single spike into more smaller peaks.

> HTH,
> Dave
>

>>> And finally: would you have any objection to us using a mix of fixed
>>> mirrors, elastic file delivery services (like s3), and commercial CDN
>>> service to handle spikes in download gracefully and assure that global
>>> users get good download performance when local mirrors are overloaded
>>> or not available?
>>

>> No, we may even be willing to budget some amount for this purpose.
>> Cost estimates would be appreciated as our budget numbers for FY2012
>> need to be finalized next week.
>>

>>> I'm looking forward to working with all of you to make sure that users
>>> have a reliable and fast download source for the upcoming Apache Open
>>> Office release.   Let me know if there's any questions I can answer
>>> for you, or anything else I can do to help.
>>>
>>> --Mark Ramm
>>> ====
>>> This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any
attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s)
from your system. Thank you.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>