incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bauer <f...@akerbeltz.org>
Subject Re: [POOTLE] Work-flow for non-committer contributors
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:59:05 GMT
> valid concerns that I haven't taken into account yet.
>
> I learned that some translators used other tools, I am no expert here.
> But would be interested to learn more here as well.
>
> Juergen
Depends on the team/translator. Virtaal is a popular option
(http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index?redirect=1), it's a
translation memory which handles po files.

This is, incidentally, where this grousing over the licenses around LO
vs OO translations will get a little silly because the idea of a
translation memory that you don't have to re-translate strings that have
been already translated and to ensure consistency.

There's only so many ways in which you can translate "Open file" anyway...

Michael