incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [POOTLE]: Proposed approach to bring the Pootle server into a well defined state
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:17:13 GMT
Hi,

based on the analysis [1] of Andre and the feedback I got from Raphael,
Pavel, Claudio I would like to propose the following approach to bring
our AOO project on the Apache Pootle server into a well defined state.

We have 2 projects, one for UI and one for Help. I think that is a good
schema that we should use in the future as well. For the future I would
propose a schema where we have a 2 projects. One for the last stable
version to allow translators to finish their translation work for a
stable release. And a second working project that we use for continuous
integration and ongoing translation work.

Something like
aoo34     - Apache OpenOffice 3.4 UI
aoo34help - Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Help

aoo40 - Apache OpenOffice 4.0 UI
aoo40 - Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Help

Proposal
- update the existing Pootle server with a new set of templates [2]
based on the latest en-US.sdf [3] file that I have prepared on the
current sources.

- sync the already available language against the new templates

- if no problems comes up (worked locally for me) we can start with the
translation work o the pootle server.

- integrate the new pt-BR po files on the Pootle server as well. As well
as all other potentially new available languages

- ones we have a language completed, we will integrate it back in the
po/sdf files and integrate it our repository.

For technical details how to do each step you can visit the round trip
section under [1].

We should also think about future improvements, see Andre comments under
[1]. There is huge room for improvements and we can think about a
continuous integration of the localizations. At least from the pootle
server into our repo ... But that is something for later

Most important is that we get a well defined start state to begin ;-)

Any opinions or further ideas?

Juergen

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Localization_for_developers
[2] http://people.apache.org/~jsc/sdf/aoo34_pot_templates.tar.bz2