incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: IP clearance issues ( was Re: AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report As of 2012.03.19(2012.03.13 - 2012.03.19))
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:03:57 GMT
On 3/19/12 8:40 AM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hello;
>
> --- Lun 19/3/12, Shenfeng Liu<liushenf@gmail.com>  ha scritto:
>> Data: Lunedì 19 marzo 2012, 01:29
>> Pedro,
>>    You can see from the test plan
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release-QA-Plan
>> , that
>> the IP clearance testing that Lily performed is functional
>> verification
>> test for those areas impacted by the IP clearance work. I
>> think the code
>> scan work should be done by developer, but not Lily as a
>> tester.
>>    While I'm also curious to know if any tool can be
>> used to help us to do
>> the IP scan...
>>
>> - Simon
>>

> I see .. That testing is very important, thanks.
>
> I guess I am rather worried that our first reviewer actually
> thought he could trust us on the IP review. I suspect I have
> also been the only looking at the NOTICE and LICENSE files.
you were not the only one but I had nothing to add so far ;-)

But I don't know if you have the feedback on general@incubator to my
request for early feedback.

Marvin was surprise that our LICENSE file contains ALv2 license only and
list not all licenses of used externals.

Any opinions on this how we can address this best?

Juergen