incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [BUILD]: next developer snapshot or an RC?
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:26:16 GMT
Hi,

my initial plan was to propose a RC candidate today but we got some
feedback from the IPMC mailing list that we should integrate besides the
last show stopper issue.

Issue:
Bug 118895 - aoo3.4 r1240836: some contextmenu entries are not localized

This issue makes me nervous as long as we don't understand the root
cause because in a local build environment where I have translations for
some of the missing strings, the strings are still missing in a German
office. It's under investigation...

Based on the current situation I would like to propose the following.

No new developer snapshot today. We are working on the feedback and the
show stopper issue.

Hopefully tomorrow we have the feedback integrated and I would like to
propose an English ONLY Release candidate build.

Why?
Simply to work on the process and to achieve that we don't get any
surprises later on. The last real show stopper issue is related to
translations only.

In parallel we will continue to work on our pootle server to drive the
localization efforts forward.

Any opinions on this proposed approach?

Juergen