incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [DOWNLOAD] Switched the download service from "download.services.openoffice.org" to "openoffice.mirrorbrain.org"
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2012 17:52:14 GMT
Am 03/16/2012 12:25 AM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 03/15/2012 02:01 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

>>> BTW:
>>> On the bottom of "http://www.openoffice.org/download/" you can see a
>>> banner logo with linkback to Mirrorbrain. This is there since, hm,
>>> 2-3 years maybe. But of course we can enhance this much more.
>>
>> I removed the links to legacy release candidates, betas and developer
>> builds. Their continued presence on the site will only confuse people.
>
> Of course a good idea do "hide" links to (now really) superflous
> releases. However, it would be better to comment them out to keep the
> functionality for the future.
>
> I will put them back but with comments, so that it will look like now
> --> blank and not available.
>
> You can still download the Beta and RC bits if you know how. I've an
> idea to get rid of them, too.
>
> Looks like a little todo for me for the weekend. :-)

Done

I've also updated some links (e.g., extensions.services.openoffice.org
--> extensions.openoffice.org) and reworked some text.

The webpages to download OOo 3.3.0 RC 10, OOO 3.4 Beta and developer
snapshot releases from DEV300 / OOO330 codelines are now just redirects
to the main download webpage.

Marcus