incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [WIKI] Failed to parse (Missing texvc executable)
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2012 15:22:37 GMT
On 3/18/2012 10:22, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> tj schrieb:
>> Hi, Regina,
>>
>> On 3/17/2012 19:59, Regina Henschel wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I can no longer enter a formula (for example <math>\sum_{k=1}^N
>>> k^2</math>), but I get the error in German "Parser-Fehler (Das
>>> texvc-Programm wurde nicht gefunden. Bitte math/README beachten.)" which
>>> is the translated "Failed to parse (Missing texvc executable. Please
>>> notice math/README)"
>>>
>>> Perhaps something missing in the setup of MediaWiki at Apache?
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Regina
>>>

>> I don't know if Daniel fixed something, but this now works for me. I
>> left your example on my user page
>> (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:TJFrazier#Moving_Day).
>>

> The first inserting seems to be correct, but I cannot edit it. Can you
> please try to edit it, for example write 2 instead of 1.
>
> You may also edit it on
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Regina#Sandbox
>
> Kind regards
> Regina

<math>\sum_{k=1}^N k^2</math>
I confirm that changing the subscript value, s/k=1/k=2/, causes the
error indication. Other changes seem to work properly.

@Daniel or Raphael: can you check the error logs and installation? I'm
not sure I believe the error message:
Failed to parse (Missing texvc executable; please see math/README to
configure.): \sum_{k=2}^N k^2

/tj/