incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Symphony documentation for AOO?
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:49:15 GMT
Hi all,
Jingbai schrieb:
> In Symphony, 1) the editing env is a tool called ID workbench for
> editing Dita files 2) Documentation source file format is Dita 3)
> Help files published on two places On IEHS(IBM Eclipse Help system )
> together with the product in Eclipse framework as the offline
> version On Wiki system as the online version. I think for AOO, we
> could create docs in the products as before and import to Wiki as
> well. It is essential to let the help files be accessible though the
> internet or google searched and getting comments directly The thing
> is we do not have to use a complex editing env or file format so that
> we could avoid to create the technical barrier for volunteers. Need
> to learn more about the Apache supported Wiki system requirement to
> let the editing env as simple as possible. Thoughts?

In addition to Robs links I like to show you another example to
demonstrate the needed features to write formulas and insert graphics.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_CHISQDIST_function

And another point: Online guides use increasingly videos. How good are
those supported with the different systems?

Kind regards
Regina