incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: AOO for Debian
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:06:55 GMT
On 2012/03/17 11:20, Rob Weir said:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 4:54 PM, imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
>>    I talked to a DD for hours.  He said I and Eric were wrong to talk
>> on debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org.  I should have talked to him
>> before I did that.  I should find another DD sponsor in the beginning,
>> try to package AOO and OOo4Kids well and have that sponsor checked OK,
>> and just *boom* the ready AOO and OOo4Kids package into Debian.
>>    Dear Rod:  To answer your question:  Yes, people does not go to OOo
>> or LO package maintainers for Gnumeric or Abiword.  That's too stupid.
>> They are rival projects, and those rival DD simply says NO.  KDE
>> maintainers says NO to GNOME, and vice versa.  People finds other
>> sponsors to submit these packages, and that's how they coexist.
> So it sounds like the DD's are the "gatekeepers", and if we make them
> happy, then we will have success.   So we need to find a DD who will
> help us.

    Actually, I'm thinking about something different.  We shall have
some DD+PMCs that work for both projects, just like these DD+TDFs.  Of
course, we still need some friendly DDs to bring us in.  It takes time
to become a DD, but luckily we still have some (at least unlike our 3.4
release schedule).

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>