incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: AOO for Debian
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 13:51:32 GMT
On 2012/03/17 20:58, Bjoern Michaelsen said:
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 07:39:22AM +0100, Christoph Jopp wrote:
>> I think Eric was talking about the integration into the standard
>> repositories, not building a Personal Package Archive on Launchpad.
> If you want something to get into the main repositories, the way to go is to
> create a PPA with the packages. Once you prove your stuff stable, relevant and of
> interest to the Ubuntu users there, it might be included in universe.
> Bjoern

Bjoern,

    Speaking of "getting into Ubuntu", the easiest way to get AOO and/or
OOo4Kids and/or any project into Ubuntu is get it into Debian.  Ubuntu
rebuilds from Debian sid/unstable from some point every 6 months.  I'm
working on a Chinese input method on Debian and were just getting
through this process in 2/14, the freeze date of the next Ubuntu release.

    So, if you ask me, I will not waste time for Ubuntu at all.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>