incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: AOO for Debian
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:54:22 GMT
    Well, I have to admit I was not doing things well on this.  I'm
regret to some words I said, which may harm the people in our AOO
society.  I said those words in a terribly angry.  I have to say sorry
for them.

    I talked to a DD for hours.  He said I and Eric were wrong to talk
on debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org.  I should have talked to him
before I did that.  I should find another DD sponsor in the beginning,
try to package AOO and OOo4Kids well and have that sponsor checked OK,
and just *boom* the ready AOO and OOo4Kids package into Debian.

    Dear Rod:  To answer your question:  Yes, people does not go to OOo
or LO package maintainers for Gnumeric or Abiword.  That's too stupid.
They are rival projects, and those rival DD simply says NO.  KDE
maintainers says NO to GNOME, and vice versa.  People finds other
sponsors to submit these packages, and that's how they coexist.

    Surely I was not showing off AOO in front of TDF.  I was merely
posting OpenOffice on the OpenOffice list, which is hardly a mistake.

P.S. That's quite a different method to our "Apache Way".

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>