incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clarifying facts
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:26:00 GMT
On 03/16/12 10:03, Rob Weir wrote:

>> FWIW,
>>
>> I suspended some rather cool but drastic updates
>> that I was planning, including updating the internal
>> python and Apache Commons, to ensure a softer
>> landing of the release. Expect a lot of chaos
>> afterwards ;).
>>
> Would it help if we "branched for stabilization" at some point?

That's an interesting issue. I do think we should start defining
some branching scheme, especially to setup a procedure
for future releases.

I would think after a Release Candidate is the best time, but
there is no hurry.

> But if we did, where do we point the buildbots:  3.4 branch or trunk?

No direct commits should be done on the 3.4 branch: all the
commits should go to trunk first and then merged to the
branch after some testing period.

Since it's desirable to detect breakage before merging anything,
we would keep pointing the buildbots to the trunk. Defining where
the binary packages for the release are created is another issue,
specially since we will be bundling some dictionaries

Pedro.