incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: AOO for Debian
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 06:09:00 GMT
On 2012/03/16 03:10, Jim Jagielski said:
> Always fun to see rudeness on other lists as well...
> The exchange between Rene and imacat is... interesting...

    Ah ha ha ha. ^^;  Sorry I was making no small trouble.  I hope that
did not hurt us.

    Anyway, here is the result.

1. They recognized our right to discuss and submit Apache OpenOffice
into Debian.  We may discuss Debian OpenOffice packaging issues at the
debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org list.  Although we may be on our own.

2. They offer the debian-apache-openoffice or debian-aoo-maintainers
lists for an alternative discussion list if we want to separate from
them.  I personally have no interest on that offer, but if most people
think it is a better idea I shall follow.

On 2012/03/16 00:36, Lionel Elie Mamane said:
> If you were to go forward with this, "right of use" of the
> debian-openoffice mailing list could be a bone of contention, but I'm
> sure we can work out a compromise; either Rene (and other
> LibreOffice-in-Debian packagers) take the time to recognise (and
> ignore?) the "Apache OpenOffice" related content on this ML, or maybe
> you'd be willing to use a to-be-created debian-apache-openoffice or
> debian-aoo-maintainers mailing list instead? Hint: creating an
> @lists.alioth.debian.org ML is easier than creating an
> @lists.debian.org ML.

3. Actually, we don't have to get through Rene to put Apache OpenOffice
or OOo4Kids into Debian.  By the Debian Policy, all we need is to find a
Debian Developer (DD) or Debian Maintainer (DM) that is willing to
"sponsor" the Apache OpenOffice or OOo4Kids project, which I believe
many of my local or foreign DD/DM friends would certainly glad to.
After all, Rene is merely one DD of thousands.  Many of my DD/DM friends
love AOO and OOo4Kids no less than LO.  They would hate to see AOO
dropped from Debian, and were long waiting for OOo4Kids (no kidding).

4. And, of course, the final package we submit will have to follow the
Debian Policy, which we have to take care of that ourselves.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>