incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [DOWNLOAD] Switched the download service from "download.services.openoffice.org" to "openoffice.mirrorbrain.org"
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 23:25:59 GMT
Am 03/15/2012 02:01 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Mar 14, 2012, at 5:44 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> This is great.
>>>
>>> I think we need to start thinking about a "Thanks" page on the
>>> website.  Aside from direct volunteer efforts on the project,we're
>>> starting to benefit from what I'd call "in kind" contributions from
>>> 3rd parties, such as what we're seeing here,and with SourceForge.
>>
>> BTW:
>> On the bottom of "http://www.openoffice.org/download/" you can see a banner logo
with linkback to Mirrorbrain. This is there since, hm, 2-3 years maybe. But of course we can
enhance this much more.

> I removed the links to legacy release candidates, betas and developer builds. Their continued
presence on the site will only confuse people.

Of course a good idea do "hide" links to (now really) superflous
releases. However, it would be better to comment them out to keep the
functionality for the future.

I will put them back but with comments, so that it will look like now
--> blank and not available.

You can still download the Beta and RC bits if you know how. I've an
idea to get rid of them, too.

Looks like a little todo for me for the weekend. :-)

> I think that the "Release Schedule" link[1] needs some attention.
 >
> [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Product_Release

In general yes. But maybe we should wait until we have our release
published. Then we can discuss about when to do new releases.

Marcus