incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [MIGRATION] Shut down on remaining Oracle web resources
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:38:51 GMT

On 3/15/2012 8:33 AM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  wrote:

>>> Rob,
>>>
>>>   maybe we could update that blog entry adding some info about
>>> Extensions/Templates accounts in the "Some special instructions for
>>> OpenOffice-related services" section?
>>>
>>> Starting from tomorrow Extensions and Templates users authenticating
>>> at openoffice.org won't be able to access those systems. As I
>>> explained in another thread we need to get some info to recreate those
>>> accounts and allow users to change their passwords.
>>>
>> Sure..   What do you want me to add to that post?  Are there some
>> specific instructions?
>>
>> -Rob
>
> We might instruct users that to convert their accounts they just need
> to enter their openoffice.org username and password and ask them to
> read the messages shown. If they do not remember the password, the
> link "Request new password" pages
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/user
> http://templates.services.openoffice.org/user
> allows them to receive a link to change e-mail address and password
> (note that the two websites use different logins).
>
> Note that the "request new password" will work until the
> @openoffice.org alias will be active.
> Last but not least, the possibility to use the old password will work
> until the Oracle authentication server is operational.
>
> VERY IMPORTANT: Consider that both kiling the alias forwarding and
> shutting down the Oracle authentication server will prevent users to
> login. I hope we can keep alive at least one of those services at
> least until we'll get from Oracle all necessary information to migrate
> users.
>
> Roberto
As I have communicated to Roberto, I am in the process of supplying him
with the id@oo.o->email list.
I am just working through the last phases of this.  There may be a short
window where user migrations to the new infrastructure will be blocked,
but this should be measured in days.  infra is also in on the
communications.
There is no reason to take drastic action at this point, such as
spamming the entire list for the small fraction that would be interested
in the communication.
A.
>>> Roberto

>>> ====
>>> This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any
attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s)
from your system. Thank you.