incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Clarifying facts
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:05:42 GMT
On 2012-03-14 1:23 AM, Larry Gusaas wrote:

> On 2012-03-13 10:43 PM Rob Weir wrote:
>> I disagree entirely. Simon was the one apply the blunt instrument
>> here. He started the day by posting on Google+:
>>
>> "Since there is no currently maintained version of OpenOffice.org
>> following Oracle disbanding the team, and since the new Apache
>> OpenOffice hasn't shipped, defaulting to LibreOffice is the only
>> responsible thing to do at the moment."
>
> Link please. I couldn't find it.

The quote above comes from Simon on this Google+ comment thread:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107646708505179576030/posts/ViuT8bLgz2p

It seems like that thread is public so you should be able to click
through and see some more arguments over the issue as well.

- Shane

P.S. For those who might actually be reading this but are otherwise new
to open source projects at Apache, please realize that AOO is not the
norm for Apache projects in terms of the incredible volume of mail
traffic, nor in terms of continued poor behavior patterns played out
here with some regularity.