incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <>
Subject Re: AOO for Debian
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:56:58 GMT
On 03/15/12 02:58, eric b wrote:
>>     But actually, for this to work, the discussion should be brought
>> to the list, not
>>  Also we need someone understand how to
>> package .deb packages that follow the Debian policy in order to package
>> AOO by the Debian policy.
> Long time ago, Rene Engelhard subscribed me to the list, and I know
> well what happens, since I receive everything (a lot of mails indeed
> .. ). Not sure I can post though, but read is ok for me.
> And I'm aware of your requests ... and of Rene answers too :-/

I read Rene's position and if it's really "technically impossible" to have
both LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice in Debian then I would think
that proves, yet again, that FreeBSD is technically superior to Debian.
(not to talk about freedom just yet ;) )

BTW, I am pretty sure that we would like to have OOoLight and
OOoKids in FreeBSD and it shouldn't be difficult to use the current
AOO port as a template. I am extremely busy at this time but it
would surely be something to consider.

View raw message