incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Pootle translation roundtrip
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:15:58 GMT
On 3/14/12 8:28 PM, Claudio Filho wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/3/14 Jürgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>
>
>> Am Mittwoch, 14. März 2012 schrieb Claudio Filho<filhocf@gmail.com>:
>>> Jürgen, you wish to say "words"  or "strings"? How many *strings* (lines)
>>> have the last SDF?
>>
>> Pootle counts 89977 words. But I have seen for example a file/section with
>> 2 entries counting 5 words together. Means 2 commits for 5 words.
>>

> Exact. I uploaded the PO template generated from your en-US.sdf to Pootle
> (in my machine) and matches with your. It says that have 89977 words, so we
> have 72696 strings (with 89977 words).
>
> This is a mistake that happen between professional and volunteers
> translators. The first charges by word, and the second don't charge. :-P
> Now, serious, for volunteers, generally we see how many strings need to
> translate, where can be since one symbol or a phrase of 10 lines.
>
> Well, now i see that is all ok.

I included your po files in my local Pootle server and it looks good so
far, 100% complete thanks a lot.

I will test the roundtrip when I have updated a few German strings
becasue I understand German a little bit better ;-)

I integrated Czech also in my local Pootle server and it looks also not
bad, 1264 words needs translation. Pavel volunteered to take a look on it.

Juergen