incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: AOO for Debian
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 03:59:19 GMT
於 2012年03月15日 08:41, Rob Weir 提到:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Claudio Filho <filhocf@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2012/3/14 imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org/msg28484.html
>>> Anyone would like to follow up?
> OK.  This is good info.  I brought up the question, but I know it is
> not reasonable for AOO 3.4.  But if we can find a volunteer to help
> in this area, then this is a real possibility for AOO 4.0, or even an
> intermediate release, like a 3.4.1 if we want.

    There is a problem here:  Debian release cycle is about 3-5 years,
and the freeze of Wheezy is not far.  That means if we did not make it
into Wheezy, we may lost it in the upcoming 3-5 years.  We may need more
effort to push 3.4 into Wheezy, even with the old method.

    I know the schedule is really tight and there are still many things
to do.  But the situation does not wait, too. ^^;

    I will ask our local Debian developers for more information on this.

> To me the interesting point was that there was some user demand for this choice.

    There are more here in Taiwan. :p  They do not speak English are not
on the list.  They are not heard from the current choice. ^^;

>> I started my study in deb pack system and i wish to play with it.

    I started, too.  It's nice to have you here. ^_*'  Maybe we (and
other people needed) can team up on this.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>