incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Doctype of websites
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:15:48 GMT
Am 03/13/2012 11:58 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Mar 13, 2012, at 2:40 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>>> ________________________________

}}{% endautoescape %}{% endblock %}</div>
>    {% if ssi.headers.leftnav %}<!--#include virtual="{{ ssi.headers.leftnav }}" -->{%
endif %}
>    {% if ssi.headers.rightnav %}<!--#include virtual="{{ ssi.headers.rightnav }}"
-->{% endif %}
>      {% block legacy %}{% if ssi.headers.legacy %}<div class="legacy">{{ ssi.headers.legacy
}}</div>{% endif %}{% endblock %}
>      {% block title %}{% if headers.title %}<h1 class="title">{{ headers.title
}}</h1>{% endif %}{% endblock %}

{
>          @args{qw/header bodytag content/} = ($1, $2, $3);
>      }
>
> (Note I do need to update<body>  above to include any "bodytag")
>
> As Joe suggests we could grab everything before the<html>  and include it in the
template. Is that appropriate? Does the use of SSI mean we need to use a different doctype?
Please advise so that we can make the appropriate change with only one last "sledgehammer".

Regina mentioned the validator at W3C. With a quick test:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.openoffice.org/index.html
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.openoffice.org/news/index.html
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html

you can see that there is much to do if we want to get back to a green
status (and I really hope that we want to). I've not checked the errors
and warnings but I think many changes have to be done centrally, so IMHO
in the templates/skeletons.

Marcus

about mailing lists to the new situation.

--

Ciao

Marcus