incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Credits?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:57:41 GMT
Am 03/13/2012 10:21 PM, schrieb Simon Phipps:

> On 13 Mar 2012, at 21:18, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> The "about" box in the dev snapshots says:
>>
>> "Apache OpenOffice acknowledges all community members, especially
>> those mentioned at http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html"
>>
>> But that page has not been updated.

Even when the SVN log no longer shows the old contributions, I think
I've updated the data last before the shutdown in April 2011.

The page shows 2011-11-15 which seem correct to me.

>> Was this page just manually updated, or do we generate it from some data file?

Manually.

>> What criteria do we use for inclusion?

Everybody who has contributed (I don't know of a more precise
explanation) to the project and wanted to see her/his name in the list.

>> Do we want to make a page for "legacy" contributors and then have the
>> main page be for "current" ones?

We haven't done any separation when the transition was done from Sun to
Oracle or when TDF/LO has started. So, we shouldn't begin with any splitup.

>> I'm not proposing any particular solution.  I'm just noting that the
>> current stale data probably pleases no few of us.
>
> Is the phrase still an appropriate thing to have there now the project is no longer controlled
by Sun? As I recall its original purpose was to ensure it was not just the Sun developers
who were acknowledged (the Sun logo was also prominently displayed).

The phrase in the credit dialog in AOO has changed already to mention
Apache. On the webpage there is nothing mentioned about Sun.

Marcus