incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Doctype of websites
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:31:02 GMT
Hi Joe,

Joe Schaefer schrieb:
> Those de.openoffice.org pages should redirect
> to www.openoffice.org/de pages, if not your
> DNS resolver is busted.

I had indeed set de.openoffice.org to 192.9.163.104. Removing it makes
redirecting work.

That means the pages at de.openoffice.org had been the original ones,
but will be deleted in near future. They had been imported to
ooo-site.apache.org/de and here they have got a different doctype. Right?

   If that's not the problem
> then you need to refresh your pages as they
> are identical on the server.
>
> As to why the doctype is different from the original
> document, that's probably due to the way Dave worked
> out the templates for the site.  If we need to scrape
> the doctype out of each individual page that will require
> some perl coding work, some templating work,
> and another sledgehammer style commit- ie not something
> to be taken lightly.

Our pages had been XHTML with all the differences to HTML. And we tried
to produce valid pages (including W3C check button). It is not
impossible to change the pages and it can be done bit by bit while
reviewing the pages. But the aim should be clear.

Kind regards
Regina

about mailing lists to the new situation.