incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: Bug 118914 - Upgrade package missing
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:29:28 GMT
On 3/13/12 4:33 AM, xia zhao wrote:
> Hi Ariel,
> I reported that problem, yes, the upgrade package is used for old OOo to
> upgrade linux package.
> Now it is missing in AOO 3.4 linux package.
> My concerns are:
> 1. "AOO 3.4 is the first release" for AOO project, we can statement it, but
> I don't think OOo users would buy in it.
>      As one old OOo user, I prefer upgrade to AOO 3.4 directly.
> 2. Even we say AOO 3.4 i the first release, the easy upgrade mechanism
> should be provided now for further AOO release.
> There is several linux packages, now I can upgrade from OOo 3.3.0 to AOO
> 3.4 directly by upgrade package one by one. With "upgrade" shell scripts
> offered in old OOo, I can upgrade my linux package easily. And I hope this
> issue can be resolved in AOO 3.4.

ah I now understand better what this upgrade package was and yes I agree
that it would be nice to have but I think still not critical. Maybe some
experienced Linux developers can work on such a meta package to install
all other packages.

I am not so familiar with the rpm and deb packing. But it sounds not so
difficult to provide a meta package with dependencies to all other
packages ... Well if understand it correct.

Any volunteers?

> Thanks.
> Lily
> 2012/3/9 Ariel Constenla-Haile<>
>> HI Jürgen,
>> On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 05:47:01PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> I have to confess that I don't have any clue what to do with this issue
>> [1].
>>> We have a target in instset_native/util to build a "updatepack" but
>>> it breaks on my Linux system when it tries to build a Germany
>>> language pack. But I have no language selected and it should build
>>> en-US only.
>>> Do we really have problems with an upgrade on Linux systems?
>>> I tend to mark it as non critical. Any opinions?
>>> [1]
>> I'm not sure what the original reporter is talking about.
>> "In previous OO release, for example, OO 3.3, this is "update" package
>> under root package." seems to point to the update shell script.
>> If so, this is trunk/main/setup_native/scripts/ delivered as
>> update to the solver. But I couldn't find any line on scp2 including
>> this shell script in the install set.
>> Regards
>> --
>> Ariel Constenla-Haile