incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Extensions Website restored at SourceForge
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:19:33 GMT
On 3/13/12 8:09 AM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> Here a quick update, see below.

>>> AFAIK Oracle will not divulge alternative email. So, I think you will need
>>> to let them recreate openoffice.org accounts and immediately associate these
>>> with their issues.
>>
>> I'm working with Roberto on this - I think we have a reasonable solution in
>> the works.
>
> We collaboratevely find a solution to the problem, and we are going to
> migrate Extensions and Templates users' accounts as soon as we'll get
> all the necessary information. Once done users will be able to reset
> their passwords through the "Lost password?" function.
>
> Keep in mind that starting from the 15th of March users will
> eventually loose the opportunity to login using their openoffice.org
> passwords, though.

thanks fir the update Roberto, can you tell me where we are with the
extension update Url and the service behind. Do you need help to
understand what the service has done? We have to check the code to
figure out how the requests look in detail ...

In the extension manager dialog the user can ask for updates of
installed extensions ... But I am sure you are aware of this ;-)

Juergen