incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: propose next developer snapshot based on revision 1299571
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:15:10 GMT
On 3/12/12 11:28 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Andrew Rist<andrew.rist@oracle.com>wrote:
>

>> On 3/12/2012 9:14 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>
>>> 2012/3/12 Jürgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@**googlemail.com<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>
>>>>

>>>   Hi,

>>> Could someone at some point enlighten us as to WHY the latest revisions
>>> aren't automatically scooped up by the buildbot?
>>>
>> The build bots pull the latest code every night.
>>
>>   Or amybe a wiki page on
>>> this??? I also notice that the Linux-32 build via buildbot still has
>>> issues, and wonder, why, if changes have been successfully made to this
>>> build AND supposedly it's being built by Ubuntu (same as the developer
>>> builds), it still has issues.
>>>
>> The Linux-32 build bot is on Ubuntu 11.10 (as opposed to 10.04).  There
>> are issues related to building on the newer Ubuntu.
>> We've been working through them, but there is one issue left with symbols
>> in CoinMP.  I have not had time to work through that issue.
>>

> Andrew--Thanks for the clarification. I was confused by the wording in
> Juergen's message somehow...I thought what you are saying was the case.

sorry for the confusion.

I think our long term goal is to use the build bots to build binary
versions that are identical to our binary releases as well.

And as Ariel has pointed out for this specific builds we need some
baseline systems that are not typically the latest and greatest ;-)

The Oracle release engineers put a lot of effort in keeping a stable
baseline to ensure that the builds work on as many as possible systems.
You can't it compare to build versions for a special distro.

And of course it would be ideal if the Linux distros would include AOO
over time in their distro and would build it based on the source releases.

Juergen