incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to provide Linguistic Tools replacements after the removal of GPL'd modules
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 01:37:39 GMT
On 12/01/2012 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 10/12/2011 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> On 04/12/2011 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> After coordinating with Gianluca about some details, I've just opened
>>> the issue at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-117
>> As you can see at the link above, we won't get an answer before the end
>> of 2011. This is reasonable, the issue is complex
> And, always at the link above, you can now see that it seems there's
> enough consensus for approving the bundle of GPL dictionaries

And this is finally approved! Let me thank Gianluca Turconi for his
assistance with legal details.

Since all mechanisms to easily bundle dictionaries are in place, I'm
hopeful that we can try and include the Italian dictionaries from
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/node/1204
in some of the next builds; we are of course ready to test them.

Regards,
   Andrea.