incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is any one here familiar with OpenOffice?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:41:28 GMT
On 03/12/12 13:42, Rob Weir wrote:

> I'm not suggesting we argue with anyone.  I'm suggesting we make
> truthful positive statements about this project and the experience
> level of its participants.

FWIW, and just my humble opinion ...

I don't think we should spend time discussing such arguments
when we have the one instrument that defines the true
continuation of the project, namely www.openoffice.org .

Looking at the main webpage I see only a small notice that
the project is now hosted in the Apache Foundation but
otherwise it's the old page with out any new information.

I think we have to be more aggressive and we don't need
to wait for the release to do that. We can already use Drew's
Apache OpenOffice logo ... and how about a big sign
that says:

"This is the home of Apache OpenOffice(TM) and
OpenOffice.org(R), serving you the leading open office suite
since 1999."

By the way, also make use of the milestone page:
http://www.openoffice.org/about_us/milestones.html

If we don't make use of the official project channels, *then*
people will think the project is dead since 2004 !!

Pedro.