incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD]: propose next developer snapshot based on revision 1299571
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:08:51 GMT

On 3/12/2012 9:14 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> 2012/3/12 J├╝rgen Schmidt<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to propose that we prepare the next set of dev snapshots
>> based on the revision r1299571 (same as last changed revision). It is not
>> the latest working buildbot revision but I would like to include an
>> increased buildid.
>>
> Hi Juergen--
>
> Could someone at some point enlighten us as to WHY the latest revisions
> aren't automatically scooped up by the buildbot?
The build bots pull the latest code every night.
> Or amybe a wiki page on
> this??? I also notice that the Linux-32 build via buildbot still has
> issues, and wonder, why, if changes have been successfully made to this
> build AND supposedly it's being built by Ubuntu (same as the developer
> builds), it still has issues.
The Linux-32 build bot is on Ubuntu 11.10 (as opposed to 10.04).  There
are issues related to building on the newer Ubuntu.
We've been working through them, but there is one issue left with
symbols in CoinMP.  I have not had time to work through that issue.

(I am wondering if CoinMP is deployed on the system - outside of the
build tree - when it is compiled.  If so a version using a different set
of g++ and ld may be on the system, and blocking it from being rebuilt.)

Anyway - it is down to the last four packages, and 'almost' builds ;-)

> I confess I know NOTHING about the buildbot,
> so if you can point me (and others) to some instructions that might be
> helpful.
http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/linux32/log/unxlngi6.pro.build.html
that shows the latest set of logs

http://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux32-nightly
shows the latest builds - click on a build and you can see the set of
steps it goes through.

A.

--

Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
OracleCorporate Architecture Group