incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Is any one here familiar with OpenOffice?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:27:50 GMT
Hi Rob,

Rob Weir schrieb:
> I jest,of course.
>
> But seriously, there are some claiming that "all" of the
> OpenOffice.org project went over to LibreOffice and that the Apache
> has zero experience with this code base.  I know this sounds crazy,
> but how can we best refute that statement?
>
> Here's my idea:  Respond to this note and tell me how many years
> experience you have working with OpenOffice.  This could be in any
> capacity, as a coder, tester, documentation, marketing, forum
> volunteer, whatever.  Please count relevant work with related
> projects, such as Symphony, BSD ports, OOo4Kids, ODF, etc. as well.
> How many years were you doing this before the project came to Apache?
>
> If I get a good number of responses I'll put together an infographic on this.

My contributions have always been in spare time, so they have not so
much quantity. But I'm involved since 2001.
- User Support, starting with staroffice newsgroups in usenet
- Coding in Calc (e.g. improve precision of functions), Chart and Draw
- QA, e.g. Chart2, printerpullpages, reportdesigner
- Documentation, e.g. German Wiki, Draw Guide
- review for Open Formula in ODF1.2

Kind regards
Regina