incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Is any one here familiar with OpenOffice?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:44:43 GMT
On 3/12/12 1:50 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> I jest,of course.
>
> But seriously, there are some claiming that "all" of the
> OpenOffice.org project went over to LibreOffice and that the Apache
> has zero experience with this code base.  I know this sounds crazy,
> but how can we best refute that statement?
>
> Here's my idea:  Respond to this note and tell me how many years
> experience you have working with OpenOffice.  This could be in any
> capacity, as a coder, tester, documentation, marketing, forum
> volunteer, whatever.  Please count relevant work with related
> projects, such as Symphony, BSD ports, OOo4Kids, ODF, etc. as well.
> How many years were you doing this before the project came to Apache?
>
> If I get a good number of responses I'll put together an infographic on this.

- working on the code base as full-time developer since *1997*
(StarDivision)
- member of the OpenOffice.org project since the beginning
- former API project lead
- former Extension project lead
- member of the former Community Council since 2009
- driving the programmability story behind OOo
- responsible and the driving force behind the SDK since the beginning
of this product
- responsible and the driving force behind the OOo API Plugin for
NetBeans (in the past)
- spreading the knowledge around the OOo programmability features on
many many conferences all over the world (invitations are welcome ;-))

Juergen