incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From tj ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: buildbot success in ASF Buildbot on openoffice-linux64-nightly
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:47:20 GMT
Hi, Debbie,

On 3/11/2012 05:31, Debbie wrote:

> Why am I getting all of these messages?  So far I've received about a dozen.  I would
never registered my software if 'd thought you would send this many messages to me.. Many
of them were from individuals.

You are getting these messages because you are subscribed to the list
they are sent to. How this happened is a good question; it is not part
of the registration process, and that process has gone away.

Fortunately, getting rid of these messages, or any unwanted messages
from Apache, is easy: the basic form is <list>-unsubscribe@<apacheaddress>
For this particular list:
1) Start a blank email from the same address at which you are getting
the messages.
3) Put "Unsubscribe" as subject, and text in the body. This keeps your
email out of spam filter traps.
4) You should get a reply, with instructions. Follow them, and you're done.

The one list you probably do want to subscribe to is ooo-announce. See
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/mailing-lists.html#announce_mailing_list
for details. This is a very low-volume list, which will tell you when a
new version is available.

/tj/

ASF Buildbot.