incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: AOO rev 1296433 full normal install report
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 08:50:24 GMT
On 3/11/12 6:50 AM, Greg Madden wrote:
> Debian stable amd64 box.
>
> New install, full normal install set/desktop integration. Installs
> perfectly, menu item installed. 'dpkg -i ~/*.deb'
>
> I use the table function in writer, full page tables, document
> fidelity from 9 years of my OO archives is awesome :-) Nice work
> there.
>
> I use quite a few of the Table formatting features all are working.
> All in all a great product, looking forward to a final release.
>
> Any suggestions on approaching Debian to include AOO ?

I think we need people who are interested to work on system integration
and special aligned packing for Debian.
LibreOffice is based on the go-oo fork from Novell which was already the
default on most Linux systems.
Our users have to or should request it on their preferred Linux distro,
a little pressure from the user base is probably always good ;-)

And also important is that we make clear that LibreOffice is not
OpenOffice and that it is not the successor. Still many people believe
it and don't know Apache OpenOffice.

But we have to improve the system integration and have to understand
what exactly is required for packing on Debian. When we do a good job
here it becomes much easier ;-) But we need volunteers ...

Juergen