incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org email forwarder shutdown: That time is now
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 21:12:31 GMT
On 02/03/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> Are there any other places we should post this information to?
> Legacy dev/user/discuss lists?  phpBB Forums?  Any NLC's?  If anyone
> can help broadening the reach of this information, it would help avoid
> surprises when March 15th comes.

I informed the Italian mailing list, but the only subscriber using a
@openoffice.org address was me, so as far as mailing lists are concerned
we have no problems.

>> 3) Open a JIRA issue with Infra on a custom bounce notification
> Done:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4506

It would be good that the notification contained a link to a wiki page
where we can specify the new addresses to be used not only for mailing
lists, but also for personal aliases: if we are really concerned about
security, then place it in a public space where only committers have
write access, like the main website. This would allow for localization
of the shutdown notice and would help users.

Regards,
   Andrea.