incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bauer <>
Subject [Translate] Users for Pootle Server
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 23:53:48 GMT
I don't think any community engagement will be too successful with the
current setup. It may be that the setup has worked very well for Apache
so far but looking at the list of projects
( I can't really see
anything that looks like a project that has a localization effort
comparable to OO (admittely, I did not check them *all*).

AOO seems to be quite different and has its own community history of
localization if you will. Putting the two together the way they
currently are feels very much like a square peg in a round hole.

> I am sorry if this has already been discussed but I lost a few
> messages...
> With the Pootle server on-line, I plan on calling on the pt_BR
> community to revise and improve the Brazilian translation for AOO.
> User registration on Apache's Pootle server, however is manual so my
> question is: how should we engage the community to assist in the
> translation process?
> -- Roberto Salomon

View raw message