incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV support: oo3.3 and oo3.4 are affecting each other
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 10:12:08 GMT
On 3/8/12 4:11 AM, lou ql wrote:
> I'm testing IP clearance->libneon these days. You can find the details from
> here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP_Clearance+Impact
>
> To test WebDAV supporting,  I set up a simple WebDAV server. It's the first
> time for me to do this, and I just test the server on XP SP3 with oo3.3 as
> client.
>
> background:
> on the XP,  I installed both oo3.3 and Ooo-dev. Then upgrade oo3.3 to
> r1293550 and found WebDAV doesn't work, then I uninstall r1293550 and
> re-install oo3.3. With this oo3.3 I test my WebDAV server:
> 1. click File->open in openoffice then insert
> http://9.123.153.36/webdavand click Open
> 2. a dialog appears asking for username&password
> 3. enter correct username/password, then press Enter
> 4. the folder opened and I can see all contents, then I select a .odt file
> to open, succeeds.
> So, I say my server works.
>
> Yesterday I download r1296433 and upgrade oo3.3 to this latest build, then
> repeat above steps. But in open dialog I found the pass
> http://9.123.153.36/webdav is remembered, and it works.
>
> To avoid impact of user profile of oo3.3, I kill all process and rename
> folder C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
> Data\OpenOffice.org, then relaunch openoffice and try again, but in step 1
> it says the file name is invalid...
>
> Reuse the old user profile, it works.
>
> Reuse the new one, it doesn't work.
>
> So, I thought there may be some settings in user profile which is set when
> installing.
>
> Then, I find a clean XP SP3, I never installed openoffice on it, and
> install oo3.4 r1296433. But it doesn't work with error "the above file name
> is invalid"...
>
> May be the server is invalid? Back to the original XP, I uninstall oo3.4,
> remove the user profiles, re-install oo3.3, unfortunately, 3.3 doesn't work
> either, with the same error message....
>
> then I tried on Ubuntu 10.04: remove oo3.4 r1293550 which is upgraded from
> oo 3.3, then install latest r1296433, repeat the steps, works
>
> But when I modify then save, there is an Error message:
> Error saving the document libnero:
> Error transferring data to the internet.
> Server error mesage: Internal Server Error
>
> Maybe the permission on server is incorrect set? I will check later.
>
> So, the server is working, but oo3.3 cannot work now...except for user
> profile in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
> Data\OpenOffice.org, there is another place that openoffice is using?
>
> other platforms I tried:
>
> win7-64, intalled oo3.3, used for days, then uninstall and install oo3.4
> r1296433:
> 1. click open then insert http://9.123.153.36/webdav and click Open
> 2. a dialog appears asking for username&password
> 3. enter correct user/password, then press Enter
> Nothing happened...

> [...]
it seems you did an intensive testing. But I can't reproduce the
problems testing against a server running on Ubuntu and MacOS with
clients based on OOo3.3 or AOO3.4 r1296433 on Windows 7 and MacOS.

Ok I should say I was able to open documents (in sub-directories, with
spaces or special characters in the name) edit and save the documents.

Has anybody else tried to connect to a WebDAV server?

But I noticed a problem with https which needs further investigation, I
will submit an issue for that.

Juergen