incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [EXTENSIONS][RELEASE] (was RE: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:14:46 GMT
First of all sorry for the top posting.

The whole thread is very annoying and it would have been much better if
we had this discussion earlier when we have discussed the replacement in
December.

We were not happy with the solution but saw no real alternative at this
time. We had a lot of things to do :-(

But after reading this annoying thread I saw at least one real problem
that we have to address.

On 3/6/12 9:12 AM, Fernand Vanrie wrote:
> I installed 3.4 on windows
>
> 3.3 is gone, what can been repaired, but: all the extensions and there
> macro's are gone as wel. Problematic is that the Menu-toolbars of the
> deleted extensions are still present and pops up when starting. There is
> no way to delete this extentsion-related-toolbars.
> We only can reinstall the extensions !

That is something that we have overseen or not taken into account.

We investigating in an approach to search for installed extensions
(*.oxt files only) and reinstall them during the first start.

That will only cover (if possible at all) oxt packages and only user
installed extension. We can't migrate shared extensions.

Juergen