incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [EXTENSIONS][RELEASE] (was RE: Calling all volunteers: It is time to test)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 10:54:41 GMT
> If there is no solution for extensions, Apache OpenOffice 3.4 early incubator releases
should not overload prior versions of OO.o.  I recommend that AOO 3.4 install in its own locations
and not do anything that would prevent side-by-side functioning.  (My recommendation would
be that it do that anyhow.  But with known breaking of an important down-level feature, that
becomes imperative.)

> I think there should be OOo-dev releases only until this is handled as well.  It is now
clear that integration has problems and there is no reason to provoke more of it.

> I also suspect that it is not a good idea to rebrand the Extensions and Templates pages
at SourceForge quite so strongly, since the only extensions that are there now are for OO.o
(and perhaps LibreOffice).

I don't understand this last point. The extension repository is for
OpenOffice and the extensions should run on Apache OpenOffice as well if
there is no minimal version dependency. What is exactly your point with
the rebranding?

Apache OpenOffice = the continuation of OpenOffice.org

Juergen